Registered Massage Therapy
What Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) Do ?
- RMTs are trained to evaluate individual health needs, and provide active and passive techniques for complete patient care.
- RMTs provide an accurate assessment, differential diagnosis, and prognosis of specific soft tissue and musculoskeletal conditions.
- RMTs act upon the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems to improve health
Did you know that BC's Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) also:
- Have the highest training standards in North America
- Have mandatory continuing education and upgrading
- Are linking research to practice, including providing evidence-based patient education and remedial exercise
- Have a specialized program at an accredited college
- Have completed the BC registration exams set by the College of Massage Therapists of BC (CMTBC), and must continue with post-graduate studies to maintain registration
- Honour a strict code of ethics set by the CMTBC
Benefits of Massage Therapy include:
- Stress control and nervous system balance
- improved quality of sleep
- management of pain and improved healing outcomes
- assistance in improving physical fitness